Woodson Engineering and Surveying is actively seeking a Survey Manager to join our team in our Flagstaff office. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit as well as the desire and ability to contribute to the Firm’s growth.
Reporting to the President, the Survey Manager oversees all activities in the Survey Department including management of staff and projects, preparing proposals and contracts, and marketing. The qualified individual must have an RLS professional registration and will be an experienced professional who is customer service oriented and personable and has a strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Manage a department of CAD staff and field crews, providing skills and experience in personnel management, departmental budgeting, and scheduling resources ensuring efficient day-today operations.
- Provide project management with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on complex project issues.
- Prepare proposals and budgets and manage invoicing for surveying projects.
- Oversee client relationships, client development and client retention; promote the Firm resulting in contractual work.
- Utilize computer systems and software as a tool to effectively provide and evaluate technical details and manage projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have Registered Land Surveyor (RLS) License.
- Business development and client relationship skills.
- Strong understanding of financial management.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects.
- Must be proficient in the following areas: ALTA/NSPS Land Title surveys, as-built surveys, boundary and cadastral surveys, construction staking, coordination/control for aerial surveys, easement descriptions, FEMA elevation certificates, field data reduction, GPS surveys, parcel splits, property boundary descriptions, recording of documents, research property ownership and easements, right-of-way surveys, subdivision layouts, topographic surveys.
- Must have knowledge of all common surveying equipment and software required to complete the above tasks.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of surveying experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management.
- Experience in Arizona and/or Southwest US preferred
This job description does not include a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be able to physically work outdoors in all weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will be asked to support field operations, which may require walking along uneven ground at elevation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.