Woodson Engineering and Surveying is recruiting an Office Manager to join our team in Flagstaff, Arizona. We operate in a team environment and support one another to ensure all tasks, projects and staff receive appropriate resources. Woodson is an award-winning firm with over 27 years of experience serving northern Arizona. We are a multidisciplinary civil engineering and surveying firm specializing in municipal engineering, land development, utility infrastructure, transportation and surveying.
Reporting to the President, the Office Manager manages and directs all administrative activities of our active and growing office including general office operations, financial management, human resources, employee supervision, IT, and project needs. The qualified candidate will be an experienced professional who is customer service oriented and personable, and has a strong work ethic and positive attitude. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage day-to-day office operations.
- Coordinate building operations, maintenance and general leasehold improvements with appropriate service contractors
- Manage small vehicle fleet
- Manage overall Safety Plan
- Ensure up to date insurance policies
- Manage IT needs and issues; coordinate with outside IT professionals that assist in updates and maintenance
- Maintain and organize project filing systems and document retention policies
- Manage a staff of 2 to 3 to assist with general administrative responsibilities.
- Use accounting software to maintain project data, generate reports, process accounts payable, accounts receivable, timesheet administration and monthly financial statements.
- Preparation of Payroll and Payroll Tax Forms
- Reconciliation of all financial accounts
- Respond to President’s and Project Managers’ requests for project or financial reports and related information
- Handle confidential documents and information with discretion and in a professional manner
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Manage employee benefits package
- Degree and 10 years relevant experience
- General ledger/chart of accounts knowledge
- Experience with comprehensive financial/project management accounting software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word as well as Adobe Pro
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to set deadlines and manage priorities with effective follow-up
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work in deadline driven environment
- A/E/C Industry experience
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- IT and Network Coordination expertise is highly desirable, such as resolving technical issues, maintaining software licenses and upgrades, and coordinating with an external IT Firm.
- Business development and/or marketing knowledge and skills
We understand your career is a big part of your life, but it’s not your whole life, that’s why we provide a comprehensive benefits package and continually think about the work/life balance of our team. We make time for company gatherings and social occasions, as well as educational/team building lunch & learn opportunities. If you are interested in joining us, we’d like to hear from you. Please send cover letter and resume to Woodson Engineering and Surveying, Inc, Attn: Office Manager Position, 124 N Elden St, Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
Woodson is proud to be an EEO Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable Local, State or Federal Law.