Woodson Engineering and Surveying is actively recruiting a full-time Designer to join our team in our Flagstaff office.
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects that include the following elements: geometric design, horizontal and vertical alignment, intersection layout and sight distance determination, interchange layout, roadway drainage, and right of way plans.
- Produce roadway sections, erosion control plans, site preparation plans, roadway profiles, drainage plans and profiles, utility plans, paving, pavement marking plans, and signing plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow basic CAD standards and learn in-house standards
- Ability to draw plans efficiently and accurately using AutoCAD
- Thorough understanding of design of roads and streets, drainage and utility design
- Good written and oral communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated and meticulous with details
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with AutoCAD
- Experience in Arizona and/or Southwest US preferred
- A BS in Civil Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
This job description does not include a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee will be asked to support field operations, which may require walking along uneven ground. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.