Woodson Engineering a progressive, professional engineering firm offering medical, dental, vacation, 401k and profit sharing, has a position available. A possible opportunity for an Engineer/Designer in our Flagstaff office. Send Resumes to 124 N. Elden, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 or fax 928-774-4646. Attn: Pam Arthur or email email@example.com.
A BS in Civil Engineering or related field is preferred but not required with a minimum of 2-5 years of progressive work experience with infrastructure design or land development industries. Essential skills include experience with computer applications and civil engineering design software such as Civil 3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic Programs, Microsoft Office, etc. as well as a familiarity with preparing construction plans. Candidates should be able to multi-task and prioritize work, have strong communication skills and be able to work in a team environment. Desired design experience includes proficiency in creating and working with working with 3D surfaces along with grading, drainage, water, sewer and roadway plans. Experience in GIS software would be additional advantage.
• Candidate experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required, and they will be expected to; Create a surface from points and/or contours and create and modify alignments. Create grading, plan & profile, and detail sheets with all necessary callouts, labels, and notes, and create and edit Civil 3D label styles. Know how to set up annotative components, and create/modify profile. Be familiar with data shortcuts, XREF'ing, 'smart' tables, Line and Curve, Points, Quantities, and Volume Tables, and with calculating volumes using surface models.
• Candidate will work in both a team environment and independently; with general guidance and instruction.
• Experience with generating and assembling construction plans for civil engineering projects which include; site development type projects including grading & drainage design; developing alignments, profiles, cross sections, and also details as required for linear civil type projects such as roadways, storm and sanitary sewers, water, levees, etc.
• May perform site visits as required while developing construction plans.
• Will assemble contract documents, specifications, tabulated quantities, and engineering estimates as required for construction.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral are required.
• Superior attention to details.
Woodson Engineering is proud to be an EEO Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable Local, State or Federal Law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.